Exclusively Breastfeeding Mom and Infant
Exclusively breastfeeding is the healthiest choice for you and your baby and the exclusively breastfeeding package provides the best dollar value as well.
Because exclusively breastfed babies do not get any formula, WIC will give you and your baby more food. You will also receive breastfeeding support throughout your baby’s first year. We encourage you to choose this food package for at least the first month to build and protect your milk supply.
Exclusively Breastfeeding Mom Package
- Cereal: 36 ounces
- Whole grains: 1 pound
- Fruits and vegetables: $10.00
- Juice: 144 ounces (3 - 12-ounce frozen or 48 fluid ounces)
- Low-fat or fat-free milk: 5 gallons
- Yogurt or low-fat or fat-free milk: 1 quart
- Cheese: 2 pounds
- Eggs: 2 dozen
- Beans and peanut butter: 1 pound dry or 4 cans and 16 to 18 ounce jar of peanut butter
- Canned tuna and salmon: 30 ounces
*Moms who are exclusively breastfeeding multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) will get 1-1/2 times the amount of food in the exclusively breastfeeding package.
Exclusively Breastfeeding Infant Package
When your baby is
You provide your breastmilk - the ultimate and only food source your baby needs during this time.
Here is a list of foods your baby will receive each month starting at 6 months:
- Infant cereal: 3 8-oz. boxes
- Baby fruits/vegetables: 64 4-oz. containers
- Baby meats: 31 2.5-oz. containers