Exclusively Breastfeeding Mom and Infant
Exclusively breastfeeding is the healthiest choice for you and your baby and the exclusively breastfeeding package provides the best dollar value as well.
Because exclusively breastfed babies do not get any formula, WIC will give you and your baby more food. You will also receive breastfeeding support throughout your baby’s first year. We encourage you to choose this food package for at least the first month to build and protect your milk supply.
Exclusively Breastfeeding Mom Package
- Milk: 5 gal. and 1 qt.
- Cheese: 2 lbs.
- Cereal: 36 ounce .
- Juice: 144 ounce . (3 12-oz. frozen or 48-oz. fluid)
- Eggs: 2 dozen
- Beans: 1 lb.
- Peanut butter: 18-oz. jar
- Whole grains: 1 lb.
- Fruits/Vegetables: $10.00 in benefits
- Canned tuna and salmon: 30 ounce .
*Moms who are exclusively breastfeeding multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) will get 1-1/2 times the amount of food in the exclusively breastfeeding package.
Exclusively Breastfeeding Infant Package
When your baby is
You provide your breastmilk - the ultimate and only food source your baby needs during this time.
Here is a list of foods your baby will receive each month starting at 6 months:
- Infant cereal: 3 8-oz. boxes
- Baby fruits/vegetables: 64 4-oz. containers
- Baby meats: 31 2.5-oz. containers