Formula Feeding Mothers and Infants
You can also choose to feed your baby only or mostly formula with some breastfeeding. The amount of formula provided by WIC may not be enough to meet the nutritional needs of your baby so you should breastfeed any time you and your baby are together to avoid having to purchase additional formula.
If you choose this package, your baby will receive the following foods throughout his or her first year. You will receive foods for yourself only during the first six months.
As a WIC mom you are also eligible to receive breastfeeding support.
Formula Feeding Package for Moms
Here is a list of foods you will receive each month:
- Cereal: 36 ounces
- Fruits and vegetables: $11.00
- Juice: 96 ounces (2 - 16-ounce frozen or 48 fluid ounces)
- Low-fat or fat-free milk: 3 gallons
- Yogurt or low-fat or fat-free milk: 1 quart
- Cheese: 1 pound
- Eggs: 1 dozen
- Beans or peanut butter: 1 pound dry or 4 cans or peanut butter 16 to 18 ounce jar
The Formula WIC Package choice allows mothers to receive food only for the first six months postpartum. Mothers who choose the Exclusively or Mostly Breastfeeding Packages will receive foods for one full year.
Formula Feeding Package for Infants
Here are the foods your baby will receive:
Breastfeed when you and your baby are together
When your baby is age 0-3 months
Formula: up to but no more than 9 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
When your baby is age 4-5 months
Formula: up to but no more than 10 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
When your baby is age 6-11 months
- Formula: up to but no more than 7 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
- Infant cereal: 24 ounce . infant cereal
- Baby fruits/vegetables: 32 4-oz. containers
* All formula amounts are approximate.