Mostly Breastfeeding Mom and Infant
After the first month of your baby’s life, you can continue to provide only breastmilk – the healthiest choice for you and your baby – or you can choose to combine breastfeeding with formula feeding.
You may not need all of the formula you receive. Please use only as much formula as you need, and only when you and your baby are not together or when you cannot provide your pumped milk. Every ounce of your breastmilk counts when it comes to your baby’s health and your health as well.
As a WIC mom, you are also eligible to receive breastfeeding support.
Mostly Breastfeeding Food Package
- Milk: 4 gal., 1 half gal., and 1 qt.
- Cheese: 1 lb.
- Cereal: 36 ounce .
- Juice: 144 ounce . (3 12-oz. frozen or 48-oz. fluid)
- Eggs: 1 dozen
- Beans: 1 lb.
- Peanut butter: 18-oz. jar
- Whole grains: 1 lb.
- Fruits/Vegetables: $8.00 in benefits
Mostly Breastfeeding Infant Package
Here are the foods your baby will receive:
When your baby is age 0 months
You must choose to either exclusively breastfeed or formula-feed during the first month of your child’s life.
When your baby is age 1-3 months
Formula: up to 4 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
When your baby is age 4-5 months
Formula: up to 5 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
When your baby is age 6-11 months
- Formula: up to 4 cans of 12.9-oz. powder*
- Infant cereal: 24 ounce . infant cereal
- Baby fruits/vegetables: 32 4-oz. containers
* All formula amounts are approximate.