Sweet Potato Balls
- 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes (about 2 or 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
Microwave or bake sweet potatoes until soft. Scoop out flesh and mash. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, butter or margarine, brown sugar, orange juice, and cinnamon.
Shape into 1-½-inch balls. Roll the balls in crushed corn flakes. Place on a buttered baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 15 minutes or until the corn flakes are golden and the sweet potato balls are heated through. Makes 12 to 15 balls.
NUTRIENT VALUESServing Amount: 3 balls